Foo Fighters, Hampden Park
Standing – No persons under 14 permitted on the pitch. Persons aged 14 + 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over at all times (1 adult minimum per 4 persons aged 14 + 15 years old).
Seating – No persons under 5 permitted. Persons aged 5-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over at all times (1 adult minimum per 4 persons aged 5 - 15 years old).
You must bring valid and current ID with you - Valid IDs must be photographic.
We will be accepting the following types of ID for entry into the event:
- UK PASS cards with hologram (not faded, damaged or tampered with)
- UK or International Driving/Provisional Licence
- UK or International Passport
This is line with the national Challenge 25 policy.
**Photocopies of ID does not count as valid ID. Must be original documents.
The stadium is a 45-minute walk from the city centre.
You can view the best walking route on Google Maps.
Scotrail operates a service between Glasgow Central and Mount Florida which is within walking distance to Hampden. The last train returning to Glasgow Central after the show will be updated closer to the event.
Please plan ahead and buy your ticket before boarding the train – www.scotrail.co.uk
5–21 year-olds living in Scotland, no matter of their nationality, can apply for a new National Entitlement Card (NEC) or Young Scot NEC to access free bus travel across the country. More information can be found on freebus.scot.
Bus information will be updated closer to the event.
There are cycle racks situated under exit stairwells 36 and 44 at the front of the South Stand. To plan your route please visit cyclestreets.net.
Please note that locks are not provided and no responsibility will be taken by The Scottish Football Association or the promoter for any loss or damage to your bicycle.
Parking information will be updated closer to the event.
The official ticket outlets for this event are Ticketmaster, See Tickets, Eventim, Hampden Hospitality, Tickets Scotland, and SEC powered by Ticketmaster.
No other agents are authorised to sell tickets, and any listing on an unauthorised site cannot be guaranteed to gain entry to the event.
Tour Terms & Conditions –
1. Ticket sales are limited to 6 per household, per show for the presale and 8 per household, per show for the general on sale (a maximum of 8 tickets per household can be booked per show). Only tickets purchased through approved agents are valid. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission.
2. Ticket resale is permitted at no more than the price you paid (face value + booking fees). Please only use Ticketmaster's Fan-Fan Ticket Exchange or Twickets. Selling tickets through unauthorised resale platforms will breach our T&Cs and those tickets may be cancelled.
3. This ticket is a personal, revocable license and, at all times, remains the property of the Promoters. This ticket must be surrendered to the Promoters upon request.
4. This ticket is sold on behalf of the Promoters to the Consumer. Business or traders are specifically prohibited from purchasing for this event. Any who do so will have their tickets cancelled.
5. All ticket sales data will be manually forensically examined and any evidence of the use of aggressive software, multiple identities or any other unlawful practice will be passed to National Trading Standards E-crime team and Police.
All tickets for the show will be Print at Home tickets.
Customers purchasing hospitality tickets directly from the venue will be issued with physical tickets.
We only permit ticket resale at face value through Ticketmaster Fan-to-Fan Exchange and Twickets. Please do not use ticket sites such as eBay, Gumtree, Stubhub, Viagogo where tickets may be available at hugely inflated prices. Buying through these websites also run the risk of being sold tickets that may not actually exist.
We recommend that you purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment. Should there be tickets left for sale these can be purchased on the day at the box office.
Hampden Park is completely cashless – only cards will be accepted throughout the venue.
Your ticket can only be scanned once on the day it is valid. There is no re-entry once you’re in the stadium.
Bags under the size of a sheet of A4 paper, bank card/contactless payment (Hampden is a fully cashless site so, don’t bring cash), blankets, cameras, your dancing shoes, ear plugs, hand sanitiser, hats, lip balm, make up, smiles, sunscreen, sunglasses, an empty bottle no bigger than 500ml (not a fancy reusable one though as glass/metal/hard plastic bottles aren't permitted), wipes and more.
Please don’t bring a bag unless it is absolutely essential.
No chairs, professional cameras, drugs, flares, glass or metal/hard plastic bottles (incl perfume/fragrance), smoke canisters, flag poles, selfie sticks, umbrellas, weapons, and more.
We take our responsibility to safeguard customers and staff at our event very seriously and engage the best customer service and medical teams to help us achieve this.
You should feel safe at this event and be free from abuse, harm or neglect irrespective of age, disability, gender, race, domestic situation, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
A specialist welfare customer care and support service will have staff based at the event. They are there to support customers and staff with any needs from physical to emotional and have a wealth of experience working at events throughout the UK.
If you’ve become intoxicated or need to take time out, welfare has a safe non-judgemental space available where you can rest and recover. They can put you in touch with friends and family if you’ve become separated and will make sure you make it home safe and well.
First aiders and medical personnel will operate from the event and are there to support you if you have a minor injury, ailment, or mental health concern.
We want Foo Fighters to be an event that is accessible for all.
Gigs in Scotland has a dedicated Access Team working all year round to constantly improve the experience for accessible customers. We welcome and encourage feedback from our attendees on our accessible facilities.
Please note the access facilities are not for the use of people with temporary impairments or circumstances such as broken bones, healing wounds or pregnancy. Customers concerned with any of these points can contact our Accessibility Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know in advance of the show if you have any specific access requirements for attending the show.
Step 1 - Customers can purchase Accessible tickets online through Ticketmaster by selecting a Wheelchair or Ambulant Disabled ticket.
Wheelchair Only Platform: Change 'Ticket Quantity' to 1 Wheelchair ticket (Free Companion ticket must be added at the time of booking).
Ambulant Disabled Seating: Change 'Ticket Quantity' to 1 Ambulant ticket (Free Companion ticket must be added at the time of booking, ensure the seats are together).
Please note that this ticket type will give you access to a specific ambulant disabled seated area (this is not the accessible platform), which will have a limited number of stairs and accessible toilets close-by.
One person will be allowed one free Personal Assistant ticket unless otherwise pre-agreed due to accessibility requirements).
Customers who require a PA/Companion to attend the event but are situated outside of the accessible areas should purchase their own ticket and their PA/Companion ticket together then contact their ticket provider to request a refund of the PA/Companion ticket.
You may also purchase these tickets via the SEC team by phoning 0141 576 3230. Lines are open Monday-Friday: 09:00-14:00.
By purchasing an accessible ticket, you confirm you or a member of your party requires this position. The accessible ticket policy limits one free carer ticket to each accessible ticket purchased. Proof of eligibility/disability must be provided before the event, if you bought tickets online, you will be contacted by Ticketmaster/the SEC team no later than 72 hours after your order. Tickets may be cancelled if misuse is suspected/found.
Step 2 - Once you have bought your ticket, please complete the accessible application form for use of our accessible facilities and other requirements that you may need for attending this show.
If you do not require access to the accessible viewing platform or accessible seated area but still require access to accessible facilities, please fill out the form above and indicate this, giving us more information in the comment box.
To ensure we have the correct level of facilities we ask customers to apply for the access facilities they require, please register for our Accessible Facilities by using our Accessible Application Form which can be found by clicking here.
Please Note: You cannot request Accessible & PA Tickets via this link, Accessible Tickets and PA/Companion tickets must be bought from Ticketmaster.
Proof of eligibility/disability must be provided before the event, if you bought tickets online, you will be contacted by Ticketmaster/the SEC team no later than 72 hours after your order. Tickets may be cancelled if misuse is suspected/found.
More information regarding what Ticketmaster accept as proof of eligibility/disability can be found here. Please note that Gigs in Scotland are not processing supporting documentation for this show and will be processed by Ticketmaster/the SEC team.
PA/Companion tickets for Foo Fighters must be added at the time of purchase via Ticketmaster/the SEC team.
If you require a PA/Companion ticket without access to the accessible areas, please purchase two tickets (one for yourself and one for your PA/Companion), then get in touch with Ticketmaster to request a refund for one of the tickets. This way you can ensure there will be two seats next to each other available for you and your PA/Companion.
If you have any questions about your ticket and PA/Companion ticket, please contact the Ticketmaster Accessible Team on email@example.com
- Accessible Viewing Platform (customers must purchase correct tickets for this area via Ticketmaster).
- PA/Companion ticket (this must be added to order at point of purchase).
- Accessible Toilets.
- Blue Badge Parking.
- Fridge Storage for Medication.
- BSL Performance Interpreters are available on request in advance. Please send advance requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. At least 60-day notice is advised.
- Assistance dogs - We welcome any assistance dogs at Hampden Park Stadium.
- If you require a dog spending area on site, please email your request within a reasonable time frame to email@example.com.
- Changing Places Toilets – If you require access to changing places facilities (toilets with a hoist) please let us know when completing the accessible facilities from so this can be booked for Foo Fighters, if available.
- First Aid and Welfare will be available to all at Foo Fighters.
- ‘Just can’t wait’ cards - We ask our toilet attendants and stewards to look out for these cards for quick access to the toilets.
We strongly advise planning your journey before leaving for Foo Fighters. Specific travel information will be available here and sent out via email to Access customers prior to the event in the Accessible Info Guide.
There will be a dedicated Accessible parking area located close to the Accessible Entrance of Foo Fighters. Gigs in Scotland access team will work with the Stadium to organise access to Blue Badge Parking. If you require use of this car park you will need select this option within the Accessible Facilities Form which can be found by clicking here.
- Blue Badge Holders must have their badge present on the day to show a Steward.
- The Accessible parking area is free of charge.
- The venue will be managing this area.
- The Accessible Platform is uncovered so please dress appropriately for the Scottish weather.
- Please note that flicker, laser, strobe and other lighting effects may be used during the performances.
- For the comfort and enjoyment of all Customers using the Accessible Platform, no smoking/use of e-cigarettes is permitted.
- The PA/Companion ticket is provided on the expectation that your PA is willing and able to assist you throughout your visit and would be available and able to help you in the event of an evacuation.
- In the instance of a site evacuation please ensure that your PA is aware that they are your main point of assistance in an emergency evacuation. Crowd management personnel located near the viewing platform will assist in moving everybody to a place of safety.
- No abuse of the PA ticket and wristband or this wristband/ticket will be revoked.
- If you have an ‘Just Can’t Wait’ card, please present this to the stewards for quick access to the toilets.
- Please feel free to bring your own ear plugs.
- The accessible platform is seated only. This is to prevent the restricted view for other customers. If you wish to stand up and/or dance, you may do so at the back of the platform.
We want our customers to enjoy their visit to our shows, but we appreciate that we may not cover everything you need or wish to know about the event. If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch prior to the event with our Access Manager by…
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post: 272 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL
- Phone: 0141 674 9444
- Office opening times are: 10am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note, we aim to respond to all email enquiries within five working days, however this may take longer during busy times.
On show days, email@example.com will not be monitored as we will be working operationally on the ground, however, if you arrive at the event then please approach a Security Steward, Supervisor or a member of the Customer Access Team for assistance and they will do their best to help.