Scottish Spotlight: Lizzie Reid
Scottish Spotlight With Glasgow-born singer/songwriter Lizzie Reid
Lizzie Reid is one of Scotland’s most promising talents. An emotionally raw songwriter, Reid’s songs explore themes of love, loss, identity and modern life.
1. Tell us a bit about your latest album ‘Mooching’?
‘‘Mooching’ is my second EP to be released. All of the songs on the record illustrate personal experiences, from having and overcoming anxiety, to falling in love and feeling excited (terrified) about a new start in my life.’
2. Best gig you have played in Scotland to date?
‘My favourite gig(s) were my headline shows at The Glad Café in the south side of Glasgow. They were wonderfully intimate and I wouldn’t change them, but I’m excited to move onto bigger shows this year.’
3. Do you have any advice for artists trying to break into the industry?
‘It’s cliché, but keep being yourself. Make and play music that makes you feel good.’
4. Your go to song when you're connected to the aux?
‘A Perfect Day Elise – PJ Harvey’
5. Where do you see yourself in five year’s time?
‘Hopefully playing music to people all over the world!’