THE HOLD STEADY
Things to know about The Hold Steady:
• TeethDreams isthe sixth album from one of America's most acclaimed rock bands.
• Thisis their first release in four years. Their last, Heaven is Whenever,came out in May 2010.
• Thesongs on Teeth Dreams came togetherover the past three years. Many of them went through significant changes alongthe way. Four years is the most time between any two The Hold Steady releases.
• GuitaristSteve Selvidge joined The Hold Steady for the Heaven is Whenever tour.Teeth Dreams is the first THS release where Selvidge participated in thewriting and recording. A number of thesongs were written at sessions in Memphis, where Steve lives.
• Thealbum was produced and mixed by Nick Raskulinecz. Nick has produced records byFoo Fighters, Rush, Alice in Chains, Deftones, Ghost and more.
• TeethDreams wasrecorded and mixed at Rock Falcon Studios in Franklin,TN. It is the firstrecord that THS has made outside of the NYC area.
• Thisfive-piece line up (two guitars, bass, drums, vocals) of the band showcases abigger and tougher sound. The guitars are especially present on this release.
• Thisis the first release on the band's own Positive Jams imprint, which is in partnershipwith Washington Square/Razor & Tie.
• Thetitle Teeth Dreams refers to a common nighttime dream. Dreams aboutteeth are usually triggered by anxiety. Anxiety is a theme that shows up in anumber of songs on the album.
• Theband recently launched an official fan club called The Unified Scene, andreleased a five song covers EP to the members of the club.
• TheHold Steady played their first show in 2003. They are entering their seconddecade as a band. The Hold Steady has been cited as influential by numerousrock acts such as Japandroids, Titus Andronicus, Frank Turner and many others.
• THShas toured heavily, and has played at least one show in all 50 states. Theyachieved this in summer 2013 when they played a show in Wyoming, the last stateon their list.